Sunday, December 5, 2010

Campground review - The Wilderness at Silver Dollar City


During our visit to Silver Dollar City near Branson, Missouri, we decided to stay at Silver Dollar City's campground - The Wilderness. The rates were reasonable and they have a free shuttle to SDC, so it seemed a good choice. We were not dissappointed, but I was not wowed like I thought I might be.

Nearby attractions - 8 - So close to Branson with a ton of things to do!

Staff - 7 - Staff was pretty friendly, although I must say I expected "Disney nice."

Natural surroundings - 9 - Besides all the trees, there are some nice mountain views in the campground.

Value - 6 - $32 for a night - full hook-up. No discounts that I no of unless you have a yearly pass to Silver Dollar City.

Bathrooms - 8 - Great, warm and roomy showers, clean bathrooms. Plenty of stalls and showers.

Roominess - 7 - Very nice for an RV park, almost State Park roominess.

Facility fun - 8 - Two playgrounds and a pool. Game room and walking path as well.

Cleanliness - 8 - Well kept up.

Facility usefulness - 8 - Laundry, full hook-ups, dumps, decent size store.

Overall - 8 - This park made me feel good. We did haircuts for the three little guys here. They had some cute cats around the park. Still it did not make me feel like we were staying near a "magical" theme park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...