Monday, March 8, 2010

Recommended read - First we Quit our Jobs




I want to pass on a few good books for those of you who are considering the full-time RV lifestyle or an extended RV trip of several months or more. The first book I read was First we Quit of Jobs by Marilyn Abraham. I found this book at the public library so it fit my budget nicely. The highlights of this book for me were: 1. It was told from a personal standpoint detailing the personal journey of the author and her husband as they decided to take an extended RV trip and the process they took in getting to that decision. It also touched on the reactions of friends and family to their idea. 2. It really ignited a desire in my heart to go to Alaska. This couple spent a good portion of their trip in Alaska. This has been a life long goal, but it crystallized for me as I read their account.




The one thing with this book is that it is written from the perspective of a couple whose kids are grown. They were younger she wrote this book, but still no kids with them. Someone needs to write about an RV journey with kids! We will have to do something about that!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our blog and for introducing yourself. I will keep up with you and maybe we will meet on day. May God Bless you in all you do for Him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...